Potassium hydroxide has the general property of alkali, is easily soluble in water, and is highly corrosive. Dissolve in water and release a large amount of heat. Moreover, due to the Decomposition effect of hydroxide on carbohydrates, the risk of hydroxide corrosion is more serious than that of acid corrosion. The corroded skin usually shows deep burns and is difficult to heal. Once the eyes or skin contact it, the injured part should be quickly washed with water for more than 15 minutes, and immediately seek medical advice; Oral administration can burn the digestive tract and can be fatal.
Potassium hydroxide has the general property of alkali and has the following properties:
1. Alkaline reaction: can turn litmus test solution blue and phenolphthalein test solution red.
2. React with acids: such as hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, or nitric acid.
3. Reaction with Acidic oxide: for example, reaction with carbon dioxide and sulfur dioxide.
4. React with amphoteric metals, such as aluminum.
5. React with amphoteric oxides, such as with alumina.
6. React with amphoteric hydroxides.
7. Salt metathesis reaction reaction with transition element salt solution.
In addition, potassium hydroxide can also undergo other reactions, such as reacting with white phosphorus to generate Phosphine gas. The content in this article is about the alkali passing property of this hydroxide. In the future operation, we should pay more attention to product knowledge in this regard to prevent misuse and misuse. For more information on related products, come to our website http://www.ncbaviation.com Consult!